Book Review: Beastly Crochet

Monday, October 27, 2014



Title: Beastly Crochet
Author: Brenda K.B. Anderson

Book Review by ReneƩ Rodgers (www.crochetrenee.com)

(Interweave Press LLC, 2013; 167 pages, $22.95, ISBN: 978-1-59668-574-1)

In this unusual collection of scary crochet goodness, there are six chapters broken down as: 
  • Classic Monsters
  • Welcome to the Jungle
  • Skulls Were People, Too
  • Myths (and Other True Stories)
  • Silly Monsters, and
  • My Own Personal Robot

But these are not merely all stuffed toys. There are hats, pillows, bags, scarves, hair ornaments, slippers and sweaters.  
The last chapter, Special Topics, includes how to assure that your projects come out seriously cute, installing zippers and finishing techniques. 
All of the instructions are written, without charts. My favorite of all is the Tiki Head Bolster. I picture it looking quite beastly, sitting in my favorite armchair. 
Full disclosure: A free review copy of Beastly Crochet was provided by Interweave Press LLC. Although I accept free products for review, I do not accept additional compensation, nor do I guarantee a positive review.  My reviews are based entirely on my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CGOA welcomes your comments! To help us avoid comment-spam, all comments are moderated. Damaging, hateful, profane, advertising, or solicitation comments will not be approved. If your comment is not approved, please feel free to reword it and post it again. For guild-related questions, please send an email to: cgoa @ crochet.org (to help us avoid spam, cut and paste address into your email program and remove spaces from "@").

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)